Advanced Job Development Training for Employment Service Professionals
ODEN’s Advanced Job Development Training is designed for experienced employment service professionals who want to upskill, refine and polish their approach. This comprehensive course will help employment specialists, job developers and job coaches learn how to take a business centered approach to build capacity and improve employment outcomes for people who have a Disability.
In a recent survey, 77% of Ontario Chamber of Commerce business members identified labour shortages as their number-one business challenge. There is a labour demand problem. People who have a disability are the labour supply solution.
Are you ready? This training will help your Job Development and Coaching teams increase their capacity to support job seekers and employers in order to meet the labour demands of businesses in your community.
- Discover the facts, opportunities and challenges employment service providers and job seekers are currently facing in Canada
- Learn quality service strategies and how to implement them
- Develop an understanding of the importance of monitoring and evaluating client service (the dual customer model)
- Learn how to use business cases to communicate to employers about the benefits of inclusive employment
- The Discovery Process - Discuss strategies and learn how to use tools to get to know your client’s employment goals, skills, abilities, and interests
- Business approach - Learn how to operate your organization like a business, by marketing and selling your services
- Learn how to be seen as a valuable human resources consultant for businesses
Length of Training:
September 6 & 8, 2022
Two half days (8:45am - 12:00pm)
ODEN Member Price - $180.00
Non-Member Price - $200.00
This is an online, interactive session facilitated by an ODEN Diversity and Inclusion Specialist. There is a maximum of 10 people per session, to ensure active participation. Participants will contribute to group exercises and discussions throughout this live session. Come prepared to talk and bring your experience to the group.